A volunteer residents’ organization committed to promoting the interests of our neighbourhood with a focus on community, neighbourhood character, quality of life, stability and safety.
Among our major activities are real estate development issues, municipal planning and zoning, construction, green initiatives and safety.
- Influencing and shaping the City’s new Midtown in Focus/Yonge – Eglinton [Secondary Plan] Blueprint blueprint for our neighbourhood.
- Fighting to restore Toronto residents’ say over development in our city with a focus on the Committee of Adjustment, and the Ontario Municipal Board, and the new Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT).
- Actively assisting residents with excessive and inappropriate developments – from residential homes to tall and mid-rise towers.
- Supporting residents with construction issues.
- Encouraging the preservation and enhancement of the treescape and further greening of the neighbourhood.
- Studying the potential for creating new walkways and bikeways, and mid-block connections in Davisville Village.
- Increasing awareness and providing education and communication to our community about key urban planning processes and issues.
- Responding to urgent safety, traffic and noise issues.
- Participating in initiatives to help increase awareness and recognize, preserve and celebrate our heritage in historic Davisville Village.
By being respectful, constructive, pragmatic and collaborative in our relationships with residents, our councillor, city staff and developers.
By our commitment to provide useful information, contacts and assistance to residents with specific concerns.
By broadening our membership/ volunteer/ board and supporting our causes with an outstanding communications effort.