- Please consider signing and sharing this online petition to save the Ontario Tree Seed Facility, located in Angus Ontario.
- For the past 94 years, the Ontario Tree Seed Facility (OTSF) has been responsible for providing the seeds which have populated the forests of Ontario.
- On its 90th anniversary a couple of years ago, the OTSF was applauded for its major contribution to Ontario.
- Unexpectedly and without any public consultation, the Ontario government made the decision this August to abruptly close the OTSF.
- Would you please consider signing and sharing our on-line petition requesting that the Ontario government reconsider this decision, conducting a public consultation process to vision this extraordinary for-the-public-good institution forward?
- The petition may be found here: https://www.change.org/p/ kathleen-wynne-save-the- ontario-tree-seed-facility
- Read the letter sent to Premier Wynne and Minister McGarry, Minister of Natural Resources & Forests, requesting reconsideration.
- For more information, go to Friends of the Utopia Mill & Park www.utopia.on.ca
Read about the areal spraying treatment program in this article from the South Bayview Bulldog. The City of Toronto has identified certain areas of the city where mature oak trees have been negatively impacted by the Gypsy Moth. As a result, there will be areal spraying against the Gypsy Moth in specific areas within wards 15, 12, 11, 4, 3, 2, and 1. The first round of aerial spraying will take place Sunday, May 26, … Read more Aerial spraying against Gypsy Moth May 26 & 27, 2019
For more information about these and other Community Environment Day events click here to go the City of Toronto website. Community Environment Day on Thursday, May 9, 2019 from 4-8 p.m. at Leaside Community Gardens, 1073 Millwood Road. Community Environment Day on Thursday, June 6, 2019, from 4 – 8 p.m. at North Toronto Memorial Arena, 174 Orchard View Blvd. (In the parking lot.)
Once again, SERRA will be hosting a Tree for Me event. Date: Saturday October 13, 2018 Time: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Location: The Church of the Transfiguration, 111 Manor Road East, Toronto. Please visit the Tree for Me website for information about the species that are available, take the quiz to determine the best trees or shrubs for your property and get ready to register for our event in October. Registration will close on … Read more Get your free trees or shrubs – at our next Tree for Me event – Saturday October 13, 2018
The City of Toronto is undertaking consultation to help inform future decisions regarding reducing single-use and takeaway items. You are invited to learn more about this topic, ask questions and share feedback at in-person event, via live-webcast, webinar, or through an online survey. Please circulate and share this information with your networks. IN-PERSON EVENT + WEBCAST Tuesday, October 2, 2018 Open house 6 – 7pm Presentation & questions 7 – 8:30pm BMO Conference Centre & … Read more Consultation regarding how to reduce single-use and takeaway items – October 2, 2018