DID YOU KNOW: When SERRA was formed over 50 years ago, it was the “South Eglinton Ratepayers’ Association?”. Eventually, a second ‘R’ was added to the acronym to include ‘Residents.’
As we come through another unprecedented year, and look ahead to our continually evolving neighbourhood, we want the name of our residents’ association to resonate in 2022. So please join us on Thursday, January 20th when we will share our proposal for our organization’s new name and look!
Change is a constant – and SERRA is renewing our commitment to promoting the interests of our neighbourhood with a focus on complete community, planning, livability, climate and safety.
We hope you’ll join us on the 20th to hear more – stay tuned for the meeting link.
- Name change and updated purpose (i.e., new Articles of Incorporation),
- Bylaw amendments to reflect the above changes.
- Bylaw amendments to provide flexibility in Officer positions on the Board
- Bylaw amendment to modify the Fiscal Year and Membership rules to reflect current or changed practices.
- Association to authorize the Board to give effect to the above resolutions.
More details on the special resolutions will be provided to our members shortly.